Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple reminders on Mac empty

Hi,

I just started using a new mac. Migrated all files during set-up from the previous mac. I signed in with my iCloud account.

Strangely, reminders.app is not working as expected, instead, it is empty and useless. Siri won't let me add reminders, neither, keeps telling me that I have no reminders. See image attached.

I tried all the steps recommended in this previous post, which described the same problem as I have

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253317989

It did not change anything.

Weirdly, the widgets are showing reminders. Just not the app. See second image attached.

What to do?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 1:05 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 25, 2022 1:15 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks Illaass,

I did that. Did not change anything. I then went ahead and created a new user on this Mac. Logged into my iCloud account using this test user. Then it worked. So, it seems that even though safe mode should theoretically keep all third party apps from working, the problem is caused by a third party app or a network setting or system setting that was migrated onto the mac during setup using a time machine backup of the old mac. Hence, I will have to completely wipe the machine, migrate everything besides programms and settings and then install programms one at a time, to see which one might be causing the issue.

Am I right?

Thanks to anyone that might know more or a better solution.

Jakob

Apple reminders on Mac empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.