Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer pdf files from laptop to iPad

I have a first-gen 12.9 pro. I use it as a musician to read my sheet music files. Is there any way to transfer 1500 files (a total of 417mB) in one move so they can be accessed from Adobe on the iPad? There is plenty of space on the pad. I would like to NOT use iTunes if possible.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:07 AM

You can natively transfer files between your PC and iPad via iCloud, using iCloud for Windows. For Windows 10, this can be downloaded and installed directly from the Microsoft Store:

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

After copying files to your iCloud Files folder, using Windows File Explore, you can then move files from iCloud to your local iPad storage using the iOS/iPadOS Files App.

An alternative to move data between your iPad and Windows PC is to install Apple iTunes on your Windows PC. Again, for Windows 10, iTunes for Windows should be obtained from the Microsoft Store:

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 11:07 AM in response to RobertPaulKessler

You can natively transfer files between your PC and iPad via iCloud, using iCloud for Windows. For Windows 10, this can be downloaded and installed directly from the Microsoft Store:

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

After copying files to your iCloud Files folder, using Windows File Explore, you can then move files from iCloud to your local iPad storage using the iOS/iPadOS Files App.

An alternative to move data between your iPad and Windows PC is to install Apple iTunes on your Windows PC. Again, for Windows 10, iTunes for Windows should be obtained from the Microsoft Store:

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Transfer pdf files from laptop to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.