Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can the text in Numbers table be converted to text in Pages?

How can I convert information in a Numbers spreadsheet to a Pages document without the table formatting. That is, I want to take information from the cells of a spreadsheet and convert to text in a non-spreadsheet application (Pages, for instance) for paragraph formatting?

I've inherited information that is in a spreadsheet that should have bee composed in a text document and need to convert it without rekeying the text.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:31 PM

Hi Audio2Text,

Another way is to copy the table and paste into a Text Box. I tested this with a single-column table.

Select the whole table (click once on the "bullseye" top left) and copy.

Insert a Text Box and paste.

Select only the text within the Text Box (not the Text Box itself).

Copy.

Go to Pages and paste.

If your Numbers table consists of more than one column, we need to rethink this.

Regards,

Ian.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 11:31 PM in response to Audio2Text

Hi Audio2Text,

Another way is to copy the table and paste into a Text Box. I tested this with a single-column table.

Select the whole table (click once on the "bullseye" top left) and copy.

Insert a Text Box and paste.

Select only the text within the Text Box (not the Text Box itself).

Copy.

Go to Pages and paste.

If your Numbers table consists of more than one column, we need to rethink this.

Regards,

Ian.

Jan 25, 2022 4:03 PM in response to Audio2Text

My test sample was the opening paragraphs of a book stored at the Guttenberg Project.

I inserted the first three paragraphs of Charles Dickens' Great Expectations into three cells in a single column table in a new Spreadsheet document, then Exported the document as a .csv file to my desktop.

The file was then opened in Pages with the results shown in the screen shot below.

Numbers table shown in the background; Pages document (first line added) in foreground.

Export to csv will insert a comma between text in cells arranged let to right and a return at the end of the text in the last cell in a row. The sample above was arranged in a single column to avoid the insertion of 'extra' commas.

Exporting to tsv also produces a text file, with the inserted commas of a csv replaced by inserted tab characters. If there are no tabs used in the spreadsheet text, and if the content progresses left to right from cell to cell, then drops to the leftmost cell on the next row, removing those tabs should be easy using Find and Replace with the resulting Pages document.

Regards,

Barry

can the text in Numbers table be converted to text in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.