Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Search not working on MacBook

When I search my calendar for events on my laptop, only future events are showing up. This is a new issues that started happening ... I've always been able to see past events as well. I also notice it's sometimes buggy displaying future events, too (not showing results for events, that I can actually see displayed for tomorrow, etc.) Everything is fine on my iPhone and iPad calendar search functions ... all my devices are synched.

My MBP is running MacOS Big Sur, v. 11.6

It is happening with ALL my calendars I'm pulling in --- iCloud, plus third-parties (yahoo, work, etc.).

My default is an iCloud calendar.

And, again ... this is just happening on my laptop. Everything is fine on my iPhone and iPad.

Thanks,

e.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 12:18 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 26, 2022 3:00 PM in response to etjNC

Hello etjNC,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to search in the Calendar app on your Mac. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Calendar Search not working on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.