Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crashed old Macbook Pro

hey guys,

I have an old MacBook pro that crashed and it is now showing an earth globe that says underneath it "apple.com/support and _3001F as well. it refuses to boot up. is there I can completely reset it all back to the factory and install the OS again? I don't mind about the old data on there.

It doesn't have a disc drive either. Please me get things going.

thank you.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:24 AM

modernnerd wrote:

hey guys,

I have an old MacBook pro that crashed and it is now showing an earth globe that says underneath it "apple.com/support and _3001F as well. it refuses to boot up. is there I can completely reset it all back to the factory and install the OS again? I don't mind about the old data on there.

thank you.

Mac’s issued before June of 2013 does not support Internet recovery

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 6:24 AM in response to modernnerd

modernnerd wrote:

hey guys,

thank you.

Mac’s issued before June of 2013 does not support Internet recovery

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

• Volume level

• Container level

• Parent drive

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Feb 2, 2022 9:52 AM in response to leroydouglas

helo,

I was still getting the same error. this time I pressed Cmmonad+R+? and I have a blinking folder with a "?" on it. It looks like it cant find any partitition. What can I do from here? I would like to reinstall OS and couldn't care less for the data on there. It was already transferred to an external hard drive. Please on the next step.

Thank you.

Crashed old Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.