Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 12 pro max will not charge on the wireless charging pad in my GLE 350, HELP!

Every time I put my phone to charge on the wireless charger in my car, it starts to charge then say it cannot continue after a few seconds. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 6:50 PM

When iPhone 12/13 arrived and Apple moved to MagSafe charging, the position of the charging coil on the back of iPhone was moved to the exact middle of the phone. This is likely an issue of the charging coil in the charging pad in your car not aligning properly with the charging coil on your iPhone. Mercedes designed the pad in your car before Apple repositioned the coils on iPhone and it's almost assuredly an alignment issue. There really isn't much you can do here. I too own a Mercedes designed before MagSafe charging was engineered into iPhone and my iPhone doesn't charge properly on the pad. So, I have a Weather Tech Cup Holder for my iPhone and I plug it in to charge and use Apple Car Play at the same time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 6:50 PM in response to Alisacab

When iPhone 12/13 arrived and Apple moved to MagSafe charging, the position of the charging coil on the back of iPhone was moved to the exact middle of the phone. This is likely an issue of the charging coil in the charging pad in your car not aligning properly with the charging coil on your iPhone. Mercedes designed the pad in your car before Apple repositioned the coils on iPhone and it's almost assuredly an alignment issue. There really isn't much you can do here. I too own a Mercedes designed before MagSafe charging was engineered into iPhone and my iPhone doesn't charge properly on the pad. So, I have a Weather Tech Cup Holder for my iPhone and I plug it in to charge and use Apple Car Play at the same time.

My Iphone 12 pro max will not charge on the wireless charging pad in my GLE 350, HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.