Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio

When connecting my 2021 MacBook Air thru an adapter from the usb-c port to the HDMI input of a Samsung Smart TV, I am getting no audio from the TV, but still getting audio from the computer. Are there settings that I should tweak on either device?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 7:55 PM

TGCDan Said:

"No audio: When connecting my 2021 MacBook Air thru an adapter from the usb-c port to the HDMI input of a Samsung Smart TV, I am getting no audio from the TV, but still getting audio from the computer. Are there settings that I should tweak on either device?"

-------

It may not Work:

See if you can change it using this link: Change the Sound Output Settings on Mac - Apple Support. However, it likely just wont work***, not being a standalone audio device of output. So, you have to use speakers of sorts, and connect to your Mac. Up Bluetooth speakers that power off of an external source. All should work from there.

***As the site reads: "You can play sound through your computer’s internal speakers, your display’s speakers (if it has speakers), or through speakers, headphones, or other equipment plugged into your Mac or available wirelessly through AirPlay."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 7:55 PM in response to TGCDan

TGCDan Said:

"No audio: When connecting my 2021 MacBook Air thru an adapter from the usb-c port to the HDMI input of a Samsung Smart TV, I am getting no audio from the TV, but still getting audio from the computer. Are there settings that I should tweak on either device?"

-------

It may not Work:

See if you can change it using this link: Change the Sound Output Settings on Mac - Apple Support. However, it likely just wont work***, not being a standalone audio device of output. So, you have to use speakers of sorts, and connect to your Mac. Up Bluetooth speakers that power off of an external source. All should work from there.

***As the site reads: "You can play sound through your computer’s internal speakers, your display’s speakers (if it has speakers), or through speakers, headphones, or other equipment plugged into your Mac or available wirelessly through AirPlay."

No audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.