Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you stop someone from hacking your phone?

How do you stop someone from hacking your phone but your phones already been hacked and you’re Apple store is not working

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 9:14 PM

MCF2 wrote:

Alex, I just got a screen basically saying my phone is hacked and I am being watched. If I do not respond in 2 minutes then everyone in my contact list will be sent a picture. So I wonder if this message is from a hacker or if Apple deteted a breach?

Read this ➡️ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Advertisers lie.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 9:14 PM in response to MCF2

MCF2 wrote:

Alex, I just got a screen basically saying my phone is hacked and I am being watched. If I do not respond in 2 minutes then everyone in my contact list will be sent a picture. So I wonder if this message is from a hacker or if Apple deteted a breach?

Read this ➡️ Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Advertisers lie.

Jan 25, 2022 8:41 PM in response to laverio112

laverio112 Said:

"Hacker: How do you stop someone from hacking your phone but your phones already been hacked and you’re Apple store is not working"

-------

Please Specify:

What makes you suspect that you've been hacked? The only way it can be hacked if it is jailbroken. So, if you purchased it from Apple, then no worries there. Have you gotten a message of sorts?

Resetting Anew:

If you are concerned, then you should reset your iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. This is the link to use: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jan 25, 2022 9:06 PM in response to TheLittles

MCF2 Said:

"[...]I just got a screen basically saying my phone is hacked and I am being watched. If I do not respond in 2 minutes then everyone in my contact list will be sent a picture. So I wonder if this message is from a hacker or if Apple deteted a breach?"

-------

A Popup Message on a Mac:

If a popup message, then take a screenshot of it, and then add it as an attachment to the eMail to: reportpishing@apple.com. In the message's content, inform them what the message is all about. An eMail with a screenshot attached that depicts a scam popup window. Use this link: Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support. Important: Use the second listed method: "How to capture a portion of the screen"

Jan 25, 2022 8:41 PM in response to laverio112

Can you give us some examples on why you believe that your iPhone has been hacked? This would be examples of someone forcefully gained access to your data on your iPhone over the internet.

In the meantime, please change the password to your Apple ID. Open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ Password & Security ➡️ Change Password.

Axel F.

Jan 25, 2022 9:00 PM in response to MCF2

MCF2 Said:

"[...]I just got a screen basically saying my phone is hacked and I am being watched. If I do not respond in 2 minutes then everyone in my contact list will be sent a picture. So I wonder if this message is from a hacker or if Apple deteted a breach?"

-------

That Is a Scam:

What you are reporting is a scam. I got a similar message two days ago. I contacted Apple Support, and showed this to them firsthand via a screensharing session. After waiting a minute or two, then Apple Rep got back to me, informing me to report it to Apple, by forwarding it to the following eMail: reportphishing@apple.com. For the safety of all things, I restored my Mac from a backup I made no so long ago. So, report it, and restore your Mac form a backup.

How do you stop someone from hacking your phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.