Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Ringtone

I have purchased a tone from the iTunes store, but it's not in the downloaded even though it says downloaded next to it.

anyway, I wanted to change my phone ringtone, and it's not appearing in the: Settings>Sounds & Haptics>Ringtone>Ringtones.

and if you open my iTunes, you can find it in Purchased but NOT in downloaded:

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 6:59 AM

Hey SanaElias,

It appears that you're trying to change the ringtone of your iPhone to one that you've purchased. The problem is, you're having problems locating the ringtone, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you're not seeing the ringtone you've purchased, scroll down to "Redownload ringtones purchased with your Apple ID". Once it's downloaded, you can set it as the ringtone of your iPhone.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 6:59 AM in response to SanaElias

Hey SanaElias,

It appears that you're trying to change the ringtone of your iPhone to one that you've purchased. The problem is, you're having problems locating the ringtone, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you're not seeing the ringtone you've purchased, scroll down to "Redownload ringtones purchased with your Apple ID". Once it's downloaded, you can set it as the ringtone of your iPhone.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

Changing Ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.