Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded a ringtone from the Tone Store and can't use it

I downloaded a ringtone from the Tone Store. It shows on my computer iTunes under Purchased, but not Tones. It shows on my phone under Music and downloaded music. It DOES NOT appear in the Settings > sounds & Haptics > Ringtones. I have clicked Check for Downloaded Ringtones multiple times. How do I make this my default ringtone.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15.5

iTunes just updated on Windows 10 Home

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 10:36 PM

Yes, if you have GarageBand, Transfer the songs from the Files app to GarageBand then --> GarageBand: Share songs to iTunes - Apple Support or Import a song from the Music app into GarageBand for iPhone ...

Here you have the process!

My GarageBand opens my iCloud Drive. In your case, it may not be so. Nevertheless, the process remains the same. This helps because accidentally if you open up iCloud Drive using GarageBand you can get back to GarageBand.

Music must be on your iPhone not on iCloud Library.

When you select the song Hold and tap the Song delicately for it to populate it in Audio Recorder.

Watch the GIF below to convert any music to RingTone

This is made on iOS 13.3.1 iPhone SE

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 10:36 PM in response to ByTheSeaSP

Yes, if you have GarageBand, Transfer the songs from the Files app to GarageBand then --> GarageBand: Share songs to iTunes - Apple Support or Import a song from the Music app into GarageBand for iPhone ...

Here you have the process!

My GarageBand opens my iCloud Drive. In your case, it may not be so. Nevertheless, the process remains the same. This helps because accidentally if you open up iCloud Drive using GarageBand you can get back to GarageBand.

Music must be on your iPhone not on iCloud Library.

When you select the song Hold and tap the Song delicately for it to populate it in Audio Recorder.

Watch the GIF below to convert any music to RingTone

This is made on iOS 13.3.1 iPhone SE

I downloaded a ringtone from the Tone Store and can't use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.