Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I delete the Health app?

I don’t want this app. I don’t want any of the functions that it does. I want it gone from my iPhone 13 and everywhere else. I can hide it and disable it somewhat but can’t get rid of it completely and have to keep checking it to be sure it’s not collecting data.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 5:15 PM

Any app or service that collects data against your will is unethical. The health app is prime example of invasive and a violation of privacy. Settings do nothing to prevent this insidious app from being turned on in screen time after having been turned off hours before. Allegedly one can disable apps in screen time apps - game time, SharePlay and health but WOW, they are suddenly enabled within ~ 48 hr of turning off. And, always enabled during an update or if account changes are allowed to make a quick fix. Just turned my XR on and health was on my Home Screen again (I try to remove constantly) and in first spot no less. Can’t take it anymore with apple and the background activity, privacy issues. . Health is looking at my contacts five times an hour why?!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 5:15 PM in response to Leavemealonepleasenow

Any app or service that collects data against your will is unethical. The health app is prime example of invasive and a violation of privacy. Settings do nothing to prevent this insidious app from being turned on in screen time after having been turned off hours before. Allegedly one can disable apps in screen time apps - game time, SharePlay and health but WOW, they are suddenly enabled within ~ 48 hr of turning off. And, always enabled during an update or if account changes are allowed to make a quick fix. Just turned my XR on and health was on my Home Screen again (I try to remove constantly) and in first spot no less. Can’t take it anymore with apple and the background activity, privacy issues. . Health is looking at my contacts five times an hour why?!

Feb 5, 2022 12:10 AM in response to Leavemealonepleasenow

Would be my suggestion as well. But the possibility of that is too low to complain ... just push it down as low as possible.

But some may disagree with you and me. There have been "medical alert" bracelets for decades telling first responders about diabetes, allergic to penicillin, etc. This is a modern version. I suspect that there are people who need first responders or friends (or ...) to know and would prefer not to publicly advertise on their wrist.

You may start to feel differently as you age. An older friend has a wife who takes many medications ... so many that when picking the health plan at work he spends 75% of the time asking what drugs are covered.

How I delete the Health app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.