Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro A1708 Screen blinks but stable in safe mode

Hi all,

I recently updated to Monterey on my mac but after a few days my screen has begun to blink. It does not blink in safe and recovery modes. The screen is also stable while I am playing any thing of youtube and quicktime player.

Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:31 AM

vikram_s wrote:

Hi all,
I recently updated to Monterey on my mac but after a few days my screen has begun to blink. It does not blink in safe and recovery modes. The screen is also stable while I am playing any thing of youtube and quicktime player.
Please help.

Maybe you can say in more detail about this "begun to blink"....

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 4:31 AM in response to vikram_s

vikram_s wrote:

Hi all,
Please help.

Maybe you can say in more detail about this "begun to blink"....

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Macbook Pro A1708 Screen blinks but stable in safe mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.