Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone constantly dying then turning back on?

So I have an iPhone 6s bought brand new about 3 years ago on Black Friday at my local Walmart. This problem only just occurred on Monday, January 24th. I wake up and go do what I need to in the morning. I'll be on my phone either scrolling on social media or texting. Then, everything will shut down and boot back up saying it is at the percentage that it dies at, once I enter my password however the battery drops immediately to 10%. Today it did this at least 3 times I'm looking into getting a new phone this weekend but if I don't have the money for it I'm stuck. Please, any insight on this issue would really help, thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:53 AM

iPhone battery replacement

If your iPhone is covered by warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law, we'll replace your battery at no charge. Not sure if you're covered? Check if you have AppleCare+ by entering your iPhone serial number.

If your iPhone has any damage that impairs the replacement of the battery, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the battery replacement. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.

▷ Start a battery replacement. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 4:53 AM in response to CrossMiller2022

iPhone battery replacement

If your iPhone is covered by warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law, we'll replace your battery at no charge. Not sure if you're covered? Check if you have AppleCare+ by entering your iPhone serial number.

If your iPhone has any damage that impairs the replacement of the battery, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the battery replacement. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.

▷ Start a battery replacement. 

Phone constantly dying then turning back on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.