Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch: Unwanted notifications

I just got a notification on my iPhone and Apple Watch that some new watch face is now available for my watch. This is unacceptable.

When I chose "options" in the notification itself, all I got was general notification settings. I cannot find (watch or phone) where to turn off unnecessary notifications like these.

One of the reasons I prefer Apple products is that I don't want to be subjected to non-stop advertising.

Does anyone know how to turn this crap off?

Thanks a million for any advice.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:37 AM

Turning off notifications on your iPhone for the Watch app would perhaps prevent you receiving these notifications if it bothers you so much, although there are about 2 notifications per year notifying you about a new watch face being available on your watch. I wouldn't class it as marketing as it advertises nothing you can buy just a friendly reminder that you have a new watch face that is ready to be used.

Hope it helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 6:37 AM in response to Heelertreats

Turning off notifications on your iPhone for the Watch app would perhaps prevent you receiving these notifications if it bothers you so much, although there are about 2 notifications per year notifying you about a new watch face being available on your watch. I wouldn't class it as marketing as it advertises nothing you can buy just a friendly reminder that you have a new watch face that is ready to be used.

Hope it helps!

Apple Watch: Unwanted notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.