Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sending text to non iPhone users from my Macbook

Hi, I have friends and family that are not iPhone users. When I try to text them from my MacBook Pro the message never sends, why?

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:55 AM

<< I hope they can address this >>

Apple is not working on this as their issue.

To be heard, You would need to contact support and give them enough specific information to do some debugging.

in the meantime, when it says "not delivered" I suggest you send the message again. If your recipients are like mine, they will often report the message received multiple times.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 6:55 AM in response to IreneTimmons

<< I hope they can address this >>

Apple is not working on this as their issue.

To be heard, You would need to contact support and give them enough specific information to do some debugging.

in the meantime, when it says "not delivered" I suggest you send the message again. If your recipients are like mine, they will often report the message received multiple times.

Jan 26, 2022 6:37 AM in response to IreneTimmons

That message will literally be forwarded through your iPhone and over the cellular network.

To have any hope of it working, your iPhone must have a cellular plan, be powered on, and be in range of a cell tower.

It's still not perfect. The Trade Press have been bashing Apple for unreliability lately, without any specific explanation of why it is not as reliable as it should be.

sending text to non iPhone users from my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.