Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot accept Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

When I tried updating an app yesterday, I got an pop-up telling me to accept the new Apple Media Terms and Conditions. But when I choose Ok a blank, drak gray screen pops up with a loading sign that disappears after a few seconds. I tried restarting my phone, logging out, using celluar data/WI-Fi and trying again today but nothing works.

Does anybody have some tips for me to solve this problem?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 10:46 AM

Hello there antarc,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.  

We see you're having some issues with accepting the terms and conditions on your iPhone. Yesterday, Apple had a number of system services offline, however they should all be back online now as shown here: Apple - System Status

If you restart your iPhone now, does the same thing keep happening? 

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 10:46 AM in response to antarc

Hello there antarc,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.  

We see you're having some issues with accepting the terms and conditions on your iPhone. Yesterday, Apple had a number of system services offline, however they should all be back online now as shown here: Apple - System Status

If you restart your iPhone now, does the same thing keep happening? 

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Take care.

Jan 31, 2022 7:52 AM in response to antarc

Hello antarc,

Next, let's create a backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then completely uninstall and offload any affected apps, and then reinstall them again. This helps ensure they are properly connected to your Apple ID, and that they weren't installed with a different Apple ID in the past.

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Jan 27, 2022 12:12 PM in response to antarc

Hello antarc,

Thanks for those additional details there! Next, does the same thing happen if you try to download or install any new apps? Also, do you have any other Apple devices at all, and if so, does the same thing happen there too?

In the meantime, let's also try going to the Settings > [Your Name] at the top > Media & Purchases > View Account. Does the terms and conditions pop up here when you view the account info?

Take care.

Jan 28, 2022 10:34 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hello,

today I tried it on my other device but the same thing happens. I also went to Settings> View account but the terms and conditions didn´t showed up even when i used another Wi-fi. And if i try to install new apps the same pop up shows but for other apps I installed and deleted, it wouldn´t show up.

Cannot accept Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.