Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro only showing Home Screen after factory reset

I’ve recently purchased an iPhone 13 pro max and when I first opened the phone it displayed the usual hello welcome page. I decided to charge the phone before starting to set it up. During the charging period the screen was touched several times by accident. When I opened the phone it now had a Home Screen displayed. I’ve tried several times to delete back to factory settings but the display does show deleting but just boots back up to the original Home Screen that I’m trying to get away from.

I have no idea what I have done but any help anyone may have would be extremely welcomed.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 11:15 AM

Are you sure the phone is not controlled by a company admin profile? Settings, General, VPN & device management.

The DFU is the same recovery process as y_p_w also recommended.

You need the password of the apple ID that set it up and a working SIM card. As a beta tester I DFU my phones often.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 11:15 AM in response to 123spenner

Are you sure the phone is not controlled by a company admin profile? Settings, General, VPN & device management.

The DFU is the same recovery process as y_p_w also recommended.

You need the password of the apple ID that set it up and a working SIM card. As a beta tester I DFU my phones often.

Jan 26, 2022 10:36 AM in response to LD150

That is the problem I am having. I have tried several times to reset to factory settings. The phone shows it is deleting data but following this it doesn’t go back to the hello set up screen it just goes back to a Home Screen.

I’ve thought about trying the DFU method but I’m worried I could be locked into another problem.

Jan 26, 2022 10:50 AM in response to 123spenner

123spenner wrote:
I’ve thought about trying the DFU method but I’m worried I could be locked into another problem.

If there was something corrupted in the process, you might not be able to get back to where it can properly reset to factory condition by itself. But if you go into recovery mode and let a PC or Mac do it, it will completely load the latest iOS package to the computer and rebuild iOS on the iPhone from scratch. You're certainly not going to make it any worse, and you'll have the latest iOS version if your factory installed version was older.

If you can't seem to get it back for whatever reason, it's a warranty issue and you should be able to get a warranty replacement. However, at this point (with parts and device shortages) there's no guarantee how long that might take.

iPhone 13 Pro only showing Home Screen after factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.