Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders Printing Wrong Assignment

I'm using Reminders (Version 7.0 (2460)) on an old iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running macOS Monterey (12.1)

The printing of who is assigned to a Reminder is different from what shows on the screen. In the following examples, all assigned Reminders are assigned to me.

Here's a what a Reminder looks like in the application window:

But if I print this Reminder, the assignment information is inconsistent and refers to a Contact for whom the Reminder is not even shared, much less assigned:

Is this a known bug?

Is there a workaround to print a correct report?

Thank you for your help.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:28 AM

The problem is that the wrong Contact was associated with "me" because somehow the email address that I use for my AppleID was on multiple contacts (by accident).

I deleted the Contact for Marvin Windows and Doors and magically my icon was corrected. Unfortunately, this Contact deletion also deleted the "me" assignment for almost all my Reminders. So, now I have to go back and re-assign myself as responsible for these Reminders.

This is NOT how Reminders should associate assignments with a Contact. It shouldn't use just ANY Card that matches MY email address! Rather, it should use the Card that I've designated as MY Card (Contacts: Card → Make This My Card).

This is a BUG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 7:28 AM in response to Nello Lucchesi

The problem is that the wrong Contact was associated with "me" because somehow the email address that I use for my AppleID was on multiple contacts (by accident).

I deleted the Contact for Marvin Windows and Doors and magically my icon was corrected. Unfortunately, this Contact deletion also deleted the "me" assignment for almost all my Reminders. So, now I have to go back and re-assign myself as responsible for these Reminders.

This is NOT how Reminders should associate assignments with a Contact. It shouldn't use just ANY Card that matches MY email address! Rather, it should use the Card that I've designated as MY Card (Contacts: Card → Make This My Card).

This is a BUG

Reminders Printing Wrong Assignment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.