Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to ios 15 battery health decreased from 100 to 97 percent

I have brand new iPhone 12 mini after normal usages of 3 month updated to ios 15 after updating to ios 15 battery health decrease from 100 percent to 97 percent .Again after one month normal use battery health decrease again from 97 percent to 96 percent.

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:44 PM

Many users report battery health will drop to 80% (replace point) in about 24 months. You are on-track for normal use. Also the battery health may not (probably will not?) drop in a predictable manner. Some have reported 100% health for even 1 year before it decides to re-check and drop to 90%.

Keep "optimized" on, charge at night so it can recalibrate/"optimize" based on your day use.

At 2 years mine shows 99%, but I KNOW I have used it more than that as a hotspot, trailtracker, roaming phone, etc. But I do not leave it plugged in every night so the "optimize" is still confused about its health.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 10:44 PM in response to Raj930

Many users report battery health will drop to 80% (replace point) in about 24 months. You are on-track for normal use. Also the battery health may not (probably will not?) drop in a predictable manner. Some have reported 100% health for even 1 year before it decides to re-check and drop to 90%.

Keep "optimized" on, charge at night so it can recalibrate/"optimize" based on your day use.

At 2 years mine shows 99%, but I KNOW I have used it more than that as a hotspot, trailtracker, roaming phone, etc. But I do not leave it plugged in every night so the "optimize" is still confused about its health.

After updating to ios 15 battery health decreased from 100 to 97 percent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.