Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery health dropped to 91% after iOS 15.6 update

I have iPhone XS Max with 100% battery health after I updated to ios15.6 my battery health drops to 91% i just don’t get it why this happened.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 2:39 AM

yisehak177 wrote: "I have iPhone XS Max with 100% battery health..."

An iPhone XS Max is unlikely to still have its original battery at 100% health. So it probably has a replacement battery. Did you buy the iPhone from a reputable source? If not, the battery is probably not genuine and would explain the drop in health that you're seeing:

About genuine iPhone batteries

õ¿õ¬

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 2:39 AM in response to yisehak177

yisehak177 wrote: "I have iPhone XS Max with 100% battery health..."

An iPhone XS Max is unlikely to still have its original battery at 100% health. So it probably has a replacement battery. Did you buy the iPhone from a reputable source? If not, the battery is probably not genuine and would explain the drop in health that you're seeing:

About genuine iPhone batteries

õ¿õ¬

Aug 12, 2022 1:30 AM in response to yisehak177

If I understand you correctly what you are saying is the battery health fell to 91% from 100% after you updated to iOS 15.6.

If that is correct then...

Millions of users who have updated to iOS 15.6 must have a similar issue. Unless you state what the issue is many in this forum may not be able to respond positively to the issue you are facing. 

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Aug 12, 2022 2:15 AM in response to SravanKrA

I bought iPhone XS Max one weeks ago and the battery health was 100% i even checked the battery life with 3u tools software and it says also 100% every thing works fine and yesterday i updated the iOS to 15.6 after that when I checked the battery health it say 91% even after i update the iOS the cycle count still says 5 times.

before I updated the actual capacity was 3156mAh now it says 2864mAh? I don’t use that much I even turned off background app refresh and location service. Before i bought this phone i used to have iPhone 8 Plus, 7 and 6s plus but I’ve never experienced this kind of thing.

iPhone battery health dropped to 91% after iOS 15.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.