Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when entering product key for Office 2021

Has anyone experienced issues when loading MS Office 2021? I had an error saying that my product key was successful but that there was an issue. Went onto chat support who identified a security issue. Transferred to a 'technician' who offered me a security package for over £100. Suspicions duly aroused, I ended the call.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 4:13 AM

My experience when the key has problems, it's either entered wrong or has been blacklisted by Microsoft. Blacklisting is Microsoft's way of preventing pirated keys from being used. Not saying yours is pirated; just stating my experience.

I've been using Microsoft products since before activation was introduced. I've never had a problem with activation of a legitimate key.

And yes, the call sounded like a scam. And if you were talking to the outfit you bought the package from, I suspect you don't have a legitimate license.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 4:13 AM in response to Loading_MS_Office_2021

My experience when the key has problems, it's either entered wrong or has been blacklisted by Microsoft. Blacklisting is Microsoft's way of preventing pirated keys from being used. Not saying yours is pirated; just stating my experience.

I've been using Microsoft products since before activation was introduced. I've never had a problem with activation of a legitimate key.

And yes, the call sounded like a scam. And if you were talking to the outfit you bought the package from, I suspect you don't have a legitimate license.

Error when entering product key for Office 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.