Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari recent tabs

In safari by pressing plus button on tabs page you can see recently closed pages. The problem is sometimes, especially when there were a lot of closed pages, order of them showing seems pretty random. For example the first on that list will be website I opened days ago or even more, but website which I opened most recently will be showed in the middle of this list. Deleting safari history and websites cache and all of that default actions don’t help. Problem keeps on occurring every time there are pretty many closed tabs. Anyone encountered it?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:25 AM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2022 9:24 AM in response to OnlyFUN15

Hello OnlyFUN15,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about your recently closed tabs not appearing in chronological order.

Is your device all up to date? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If so, does that continue after restarting?

Do you sync your Safari browsing history with any other devices? If so, are they exhibiting the same behavior?

Hopefully those details will help to isolate this behavior further.

Take care.

Jan 28, 2022 9:38 AM in response to chuckbl

hello, thanks for an answer.

yes my iPhone uses the latest iOS but I remember this problem occurring before updating too. Also this is my one and only device so no syncing can take place. Restarted it countless times when troubleshooting this and other problems to no avail. I’ll wait some time and will keep checking this out, and will keep this discussion updated.

Safari recent tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.