Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID

I turned off Touch ID, which has never worked for me. However, when I try to get to Passwords, I am asked for Touch ID. How can I access Passwords using my passcode instead of Touch ID?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 10:27 AM

Hey elinor275,

It sounds like you're having issues with Touch ID. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

First, we'd recommend the steps in this article: If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

We'd also suggest reviewing the information in this article: Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad

If you’d rather just use a passcode instead, go to Settings > Passcode & Touch ID. Make sure that Touch ID is turned off, and remove all fingerprints.

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 10:27 AM in response to elinor275

Hey elinor275,

It sounds like you're having issues with Touch ID. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

First, we'd recommend the steps in this article: If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

We'd also suggest reviewing the information in this article: Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad

If you’d rather just use a passcode instead, go to Settings > Passcode & Touch ID. Make sure that Touch ID is turned off, and remove all fingerprints.

Thanks!

Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.