Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Trade in

I sent my iphone via UPS, tracking says delivered (Jan 20th 2022), but Apple has not responded.

How do I know my refund status?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:47 PM

From my experience, once the package arrives at the evaluator's location, they would confirm receipt and inform you that they are starting the evaluation process. This typically takes 5-7 working days. At the conclusion of that period, they will send you another email that will either confirm the original estimated value or inform you of a different one. For either, you can accept the value or have the phone shipped backed to you at no charge.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 12:47 PM in response to koich

From my experience, once the package arrives at the evaluator's location, they would confirm receipt and inform you that they are starting the evaluation process. This typically takes 5-7 working days. At the conclusion of that period, they will send you another email that will either confirm the original estimated value or inform you of a different one. For either, you can accept the value or have the phone shipped backed to you at no charge.

Jan 27, 2022 11:41 AM in response to koich

Did you follow the Apple Trade-in process for trading in your iPhone for a new model? If so, you should have received a pre-paid shipping container provided by Apple's Trade-in partner. This container could be from a number of different shipping companies, including UPS.

If you are using this process, Apple/Trade-in Partner should be communicating to you via email during the course of this process. You were also provided with a set of instructions with the shipping container on how to contact them.

Jan 27, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Tesserax

Thank you. I did follow the instructions, and sent it in the prepaid box that was sent to me via Apple. Hence my UPS tracking number is the prepaid package number.

I don't have that sheet that was included in the box when it was originally sent to me. Perhaps the communication instructions were in there. :(

I've done this before and received an immediate email when the package arrived on their side. Was alarmed this time because they're not acknowledging it.

Jan 27, 2022 12:13 PM in response to koich

As you can imagine, with current events affecting shipping, there is always the possibility that the shipment to the evaluator has been delayed. At this point, I would keep checking with UPS for status updates. At some point, the evaluator will send you an email that either lets you know they have the phone or that they will be asking you to ship it and offer an extended period in order for you to do so.

iPhone Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.