Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third Party Monitors

What are the third party monitors which work with MacBook Air and MacBook Pro?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:26 PM

There are hundreds of monitors, It would be easier for you to decide what size, type, and spec monitor you want then go to the maker's site to read if it is compatible with your computer. This would be easier than us just listing hundreds of monitors.

6 replies

Jan 28, 2022 3:56 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I asked the question because I bought two DELL monitors which showed only a fuzzy image even after trying various resolutions. I also saw many similar comments online.

I know that some monitors are able to display the MacBook signal clearly. I am hoping that the Apple community will name some examples for me.

Maybe there is some obvious way of telling from the specs whether a monitor will work but I have not yet understood what that is.

Thanks

Feb 8, 2022 5:16 AM in response to GrahamD

Having no idea what your computer use is or what your budget is, I can only say that I am currently using an LG 27UP600 which is a 4K HDR400 display and it is performing superbly.:

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27up600-w-4k-uhd-monitor

I use it for RAW photo editing with my Nikon D7500 and also normal use plus embedded software development (27" screen is nice for that).

Third Party Monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.