Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Monitor for mac studio

What kind of external monitors can I use with mac studio?

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Jul 26, 2023 4:42 PM in response to ciscokidd

If you want a 27" 5K monitor, there aren't many choices. There's the 27" Apple 5K Studio Display, there's the 27" LG UltraFine Display, and there's the Samsung 27" S90PC ViewFinity 5K Smart Monitor.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/monitors/high-resolution/viewfinity-s9-27-inch-5k-resolution-ls27c902pauxxu/

If you add up the price of the Apple 5K monitor, a Magic Keyboard, and a Magic Mouse, the damage is close to what you would have paid for an entry-level 27" 5K Retina iMac that included a (non-reusable) 5K display, and the keyboard/mouse, and the computer.

Essentially a big price hike at a time when 4K monitors are flooding the market. If Apple is not careful, this could be a repeat of what happened when a flood of 27" 2560x1440 monitors left 30" 2560x1600 ones all but dead.

Jul 27, 2023 11:05 PM in response to Servant of Cats

I'll probably just bite the bullet and get the Apple 5K 27" monitor. I already have both a magic mouse, track pad, cable etc., so that get the price down a bit, but nice I'm dropping a small fortune on the mac studio computer, I may as well go for the proverbial gusto and eat lettuce for a year or two.Thank you, and everyone, for your very helpful replies.

Monitor for mac studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.