Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!

I tried to use damp micro fibre cloth to clean but it still leaves an oily smudge on the screen. I tried using whoosh too, something apple use's to clean devices in stores but that doesn't work either. I've only had this for like a month.

What going on?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:18 PM

ahmadiba Said:

"My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!: I tried to use damp micro fibre cloth to clean but it still leaves an oily smudge on the screen. I tried using whoosh too, something apple use's to clean devices in stores but that doesn't work either. I've only had this for like a month. What going on?"

-------

Your screen was not properly cleaned.

So, you'll have to get a new screen.

Learn from this. Here is what to Perform: How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 9:18 PM in response to ahmadiba

ahmadiba Said:

"My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!: I tried to use damp micro fibre cloth to clean but it still leaves an oily smudge on the screen. I tried using whoosh too, something apple use's to clean devices in stores but that doesn't work either. I've only had this for like a month. What going on?"

-------

Your screen was not properly cleaned.

So, you'll have to get a new screen.

Learn from this. Here is what to Perform: How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.