Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About resetting old phone

I have an old XS max iphone. I currently haven't used it for some time. I have a new iphone 12 which I have backed up.

I want to erase the iphone XS to factory settings. I get a message that says DOcuments & Data are being uploaded to icloud. If you erase now you will lose doucments and date that are being uploaded to icloud

My question if I erase now I am of the belief that my data that I have back up on my new iphone wont' be erased

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:00 AM

No No No... Please wait for it to sync and upload all data to iCloud.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 1:00 AM in response to Mins1969

No No No... Please wait for it to sync and upload all data to iCloud.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

About resetting old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.