Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot search for emails between two dates in Apple Mail

I'm trying to show only emails received between a start date and end date. I tried below from an Apple Help Document but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't turn into a recognized search term. All other search functions work as expected.

Search a timeframe or range of dates: Type “date” followed by a colon and a date range, such as “date: 9/05/21-10/05/21.”

Mail User Guide

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 6:23 AM

Hello maristo,

We see you're looking to search for emails in a specific date range, and we'd be happy to help out.

Some things to double-check on that could affect that would include ensuring you have the desired mailbox selected prior to performing the search.

Try also double-checking the entered text, and see if there are any spaces between the first date, the dash, and the second date. If so, try removing them and search again.

If it persists, see if enter just one of the dates, without the added 'date:' prefix pulls up the desired date, just as a test.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 6:23 AM in response to maristo

Hello maristo,

We see you're looking to search for emails in a specific date range, and we'd be happy to help out.

Some things to double-check on that could affect that would include ensuring you have the desired mailbox selected prior to performing the search.

Try also double-checking the entered text, and see if there are any spaces between the first date, the dash, and the second date. If so, try removing them and search again.

If it persists, see if enter just one of the dates, without the added 'date:' prefix pulls up the desired date, just as a test.

Cheers.

Cannot search for emails between two dates in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.