Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

Each time I add a song to a current playlist on my phone it duplicates the play list with the added song on and gives it a number - Example: "Party tunes" Party tunes1" etc. Some of these have up to 4 dupes and has now used all the space on my phone so I've tided up my playlists on my PC. I'm trying to sync to my iphone but there isn't enough space (due to all of he duplicate playlists).

Is there a way I can wipe my playlists off my iphone without losing them from my library?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:37 PM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. If you sync with selected playlists you can choose which lists are copied to the phone, and which are left out. Actively deleting from the phone and then syncing may remove the list from your library.

tt2

3 replies

Jan 29, 2022 3:31 AM in response to TK0311

Playlists are ordered lists of track references. A duplicated list takes up very little room, as only on copy of each track exists on the device. Nevertheless it can be the case that you've ended up with too much content on the device, or the syncing mechanism has got confused and isn't managing the process correctly. In such cases it can help to remove all media from the device by unchecking the options to sync music and removing data from the device via Settings > General > Storage > Music, then load up selected playlists rather than the entire library.

tt2

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.