Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro case not charging

Hello!

My Apple AirPods Pro case was not charging (even though it could still connect to my phone) so I took it to an Apple representative electronics repair shop here in my country (Nicosia, island of Cyprus).

They informed me that if my device was still under warranty and in good condition then Apple would send me a replacement charging case for free.

They contacted me half a month later to tell me that they sent photos of my charging case and AirPods to Apple (i gave them both the charging case with the airpods) and that Apple reply was that there was a crack in one of my AirPods (which I was aware of but it was working just fine - no issue whatsoever and I never asked for it to be replaced) and that in order for them to replace my charging case I would have to first replace-purchase a new airpod (Pro) for EUR 110 (this is for 1 airpod pro only). Thats about 122 dollars using todays exchange rate.

I asked for them to forward me Apple’s response saying all of the above and indicating the above-mentioned purchase/replacement price. I havent heard back from them since.

Please advise if this is Apple’s procedure and whether the price they want to charge me for a left ear airpod pro is reasonable…

Thanking you in advance.

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 7:56 PM

Joannita_85 Said:

"AirPods Pro case not charging: [...]in order for them to replace my charging case I would have to first replace-purchase a new airpod (Pro) for EUR 110 (this is for 1 airpod pro only). Thats about 122 dollars using todays exchange rate. [...]Please advise if this is Apple’s procedure and whether the price they want to charge me for a left ear airpod pro is reasonable…"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Charging and Swapout:

I. Troubleshooting AirPods Charging:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Cleaning your AirPods:

Start with cleaning debris (i.e. earwax). There may be debris in there making it lose the connection. Go Here: How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

C. Verify the Authenticity:

Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ If all shows up, then you are good from there.

II. Troubleshooting AirPod Swapout:

For the price, I'd say get new ones. You may want to consider getting them from a retailer. Doing so could better, being that they may have their own methods of return, and coverage. That's where I go mine, and I had the store just swap it out --no troubles since.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 7:56 PM in response to Joannita_85

Joannita_85 Said:

"AirPods Pro case not charging: [...]in order for them to replace my charging case I would have to first replace-purchase a new airpod (Pro) for EUR 110 (this is for 1 airpod pro only). Thats about 122 dollars using todays exchange rate. [...]Please advise if this is Apple’s procedure and whether the price they want to charge me for a left ear airpod pro is reasonable…"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Charging and Swapout:

I. Troubleshooting AirPods Charging:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Cleaning your AirPods:

Start with cleaning debris (i.e. earwax). There may be debris in there making it lose the connection. Go Here: How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

C. Verify the Authenticity:

Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ If all shows up, then you are good from there.

II. Troubleshooting AirPod Swapout:

For the price, I'd say get new ones. You may want to consider getting them from a retailer. Doing so could better, being that they may have their own methods of return, and coverage. That's where I go mine, and I had the store just swap it out --no troubles since.

AirPods Pro case not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.