Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods pro muffled sound after using mic

When i use my airpods pro, and listen to music, i can’t use my microphone for any reason. if i do, the sound becomes muffled every time without fail. no matter what audio type i’m using (transparency, canceling, normal). it makes the audio sound like the first pair of skull candy aux earbuds i ever bought for my first touchscreen phone. It’s a significant downgrade, and it doesn’t go away after i stop using the mic. I have to completely take out both earbuds and wait, or completely unpair my airpods. I would just avoid using my microphone, but it’s near impossible when every app uses it somehow. I’ll accidentally press voice message while texting, or text to speak while typing anywhere. If i press the camera button a micro-second too long in snapchat, it activates the microphone because it thinks i want to take a video. Nearly unavoidable. Is there any way to fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 7:07 PM

reed212 Said:

"AirPods pro muffled sound after using mic: When i use my airpods pro, and listen to music, i can’t use my microphone for any reason. [...]Nearly unavoidable. Is there any way to fix this?"

-------

Troubelshooting Muffled AirPods:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

C. Any Recent Updates?:

If you recently updated your iPhone, then it may be a bug in the update. So, if recently updated, report this to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when the issue began(recently after an update), and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include a link to this post: (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253615665)
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 7:07 PM in response to reed212

reed212 Said:

"AirPods pro muffled sound after using mic: When i use my airpods pro, and listen to music, i can’t use my microphone for any reason. [...]Nearly unavoidable. Is there any way to fix this?"

-------

Troubelshooting Muffled AirPods:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

C. Any Recent Updates?:

If you recently updated your iPhone, then it may be a bug in the update. So, if recently updated, report this to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when the issue began(recently after an update), and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include a link to this post: (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253615665)
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

AirPods pro muffled sound after using mic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.