Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Face ID Stutter

I have the base iPhone 13 on iOS 15.3 and I've encountered a strange quirk with the unlocking of my phone via Face ID. I recently disabled Tap to Wake and Raise to Wake for battery life's sake and I found that with both of these settings disabled, my phone slightly stutters with every single time that my phone recognizes my face and unlocks. When TTW is enabled, the unlock is as smooth as normal and the same goes for when RTW is enabled and I raise the phone, except it will still stutter when I use the side button. Put simply, my phone's unlock is slightly stuttering when I wake it with the side button while Raise to Wake and Tap to Wake are disabled. Please fix this issue as I do not want to sacrifice my holy sacred precious sweet battery life just to have a smooth unlock. Thanks.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 10:45 PM

sackified Said:

"iPhone 13 Face ID Stutter: [...]Put simply, my phone's unlock is slightly stuttering when I wake it with the side button while Raise to Wake and Tap to Wake are disabled.[...]"

-------

Troubleshot FaceTime Yourself:

If Face ID is giving you issues...

A Few Sites to Try:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 10:45 PM in response to sackified

sackified Said:

"iPhone 13 Face ID Stutter: [...]Put simply, my phone's unlock is slightly stuttering when I wake it with the side button while Raise to Wake and Tap to Wake are disabled.[...]"

-------

Troubleshot FaceTime Yourself:

If Face ID is giving you issues...

A Few Sites to Try:

Jan 28, 2022 9:54 PM in response to sackified

sackified wrote:

Please fix this issue

You are addressing this to another user and not to Apple in this forum.

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, primarily for a user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical know-how in handling Apple products from a more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

iPhone 13 Face ID Stutter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.