Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have a file server used for time machine backups

I don't have a file server for time machine backups i accidentally deleted everything from my macbook

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 11:47 PM

file server for time machine backups

Please what you cannot do that you wish to do? Time machine really isn't a fileserver.

You should be able to boot in recovery which will allow you restore your machine from the time machine backup.

power off your machine. Hold down the command + r key. power on your machine. continue to hold down the command + r until you see something on the screen,

How valuable is your data?

You may want to consider another external drive. That way you can install macOS on the external drive to assess the damage.

R

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 11:47 PM in response to Jackiemendoza9

file server for time machine backups

Please what you cannot do that you wish to do? Time machine really isn't a fileserver.

You should be able to boot in recovery which will allow you restore your machine from the time machine backup.

power off your machine. Hold down the command + r key. power on your machine. continue to hold down the command + r until you see something on the screen,

How valuable is your data?

You may want to consider another external drive. That way you can install macOS on the external drive to assess the damage.

R

I don't have a file server used for time machine backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.