Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup User password

Hi, this is my first MacBook, it’s the Pro 2020. I opened it and it is asking me for a Setup User password, no idea what to do. Please Help ASAP 🥺

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:14 PM

When you NEXT power on your computer, you will be required to supply the selected User-id and password. if not, the computer refuses to let you in.

Choose a Username that you like, such as your name, and password that you can remember, but is NOT a single dictionary-word (unless misspelled), or your birthdate or something a criminal might guess if they knew a little about you.

You will enter this password every time you come back to your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 9:14 PM in response to NataliaEstin1

When you NEXT power on your computer, you will be required to supply the selected User-id and password. if not, the computer refuses to let you in.

Choose a Username that you like, such as your name, and password that you can remember, but is NOT a single dictionary-word (unless misspelled), or your birthdate or something a criminal might guess if they knew a little about you.

You will enter this password every time you come back to your computer.

Setup User password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.