Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to not see this black screen with auto typing in restarting my mac

I did a mistake when seen a Tut. of how to update a Monterey on unsupported 2010 macbook pro!

in the Tut. he has let me type things in terminal.

And the update didnt success thankfuly i successed to reinstall High Seira.

When i start my mac or shutdow this black and white screen appear!

after mac start normaly in seconds.

how to get rid of it! ATTACHED

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 5:43 PM

Try a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM Reset for at least three chimes). Most likely the commands modified the NVRAM settings and this will clear the NVRAM to defaults. You will need to reselect the default Startup Disk System Preferences.

FYI, be extremely careful not to blindly follow instructions found on the Internet without understanding what those commands do and their possible side effects. Also keep in mind the command line is extremely dangerous as there is no safety net to keep you from making a huge mistake such as accidentally erasing all your data. Even people who are masters at the command line can make a simple catastrophic mistake just by a simple typographical error.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 5:43 PM in response to aysar208

Try a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM Reset for at least three chimes). Most likely the commands modified the NVRAM settings and this will clear the NVRAM to defaults. You will need to reselect the default Startup Disk System Preferences.

FYI, be extremely careful not to blindly follow instructions found on the Internet without understanding what those commands do and their possible side effects. Also keep in mind the command line is extremely dangerous as there is no safety net to keep you from making a huge mistake such as accidentally erasing all your data. Even people who are masters at the command line can make a simple catastrophic mistake just by a simple typographical error.

How to not see this black screen with auto typing in restarting my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.