Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

32-bit iPhoto.app compatibility with macOS Monterey.

iPhoto isn’t supported in this version of macOS. It tells me to contact The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

I have no idea how to contact the developer. Or do I just delete or uninstall this app.

I just got a this new iMacOS Monterey Version 12.1, iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) with the chip Apple M1, and I am trying to get most of the information from my older iMac Mid 2011. Don't want to delete anything unexpectedly. But I can not open this iPhoto App.

I do have the Photos Library.photoslibrary with 1,864 Photos, 14 Videos.

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 11:58 AM

iPhoto has been discontinued.

You need to transition to Photos.

Launch Photos with the option key held down. From the dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will create a new Library from your iPhoto one.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 29, 2022 3:08 PM in response to GunNutgene

iPhoto was discontinued 6 years ago. It is no longer developed or sold. It was replaced by the more powerful (and free) Photos.app that comes with the OS. You can migrate to that app very simply:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and point at your iPhoto Library. It will do the rest.

If you prefer not to use Photos there are several 3rd party apps that you can use. Which to choose depends on the kind of photographer you are and your budget.

32-bit iPhoto.app compatibility with macOS Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.