Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone goes to voicemail 99% of the time, I am missing calls. What can I do to stop my phone from ringing and receiving my calls?

What causes the phone to go to voicemail?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 8:03 AM

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 8:00 PM in response to BlueTOP1920

I now have, and have in the past, had the same issue.

At the same time though the volume is set to HIGH it is barely audible, go figure.

Changing DND did not work this time.

Changing focus does not appear to do anything.

Haptics is "transmitting through touch"; oh you hear the ring through your finger. Somethings wrong with my finger.

If you have access to a second phone side by side; and with each setting change, ring your phone until you get it working.

I wonder that "head phone notification" is the issue.

I always put my phone on speaker; with the volume on high all the time. No head phones here.

I think the iphone knows not the difference; between speakers set on high volume; and a head phone set on high volume.

Apparently if you, or I exceed the phones 7 day limit for high volume; the phone gives us a time out; by electronically reducing the volume plus perhaps disabling your access to the phones volume control.

When the phone is not in sleep mode it should ring for all calls first time every time. Period.

If you don't want to hear the phone leave it in the car, or in a quite place.

Never turn the ringer off, I never have, but it always seems to be off.

My phone goes to voicemail 99% of the time, I am missing calls. What can I do to stop my phone from ringing and receiving my calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.