Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my music from Android?

I just used "Move to iOS" app going from Samsung Galaxy s9 to iPhone 12. I selected my music mp3s (created from CD on a computer and downloaded to the s9) to be moved. The app indicated 5 gigs of mp3s would be moved, and it seems like the space is being used on my iPhone. But I cannot find them on the iPhone and they don't show up in the music app. Where are the mp3s? What app should I use to play these files? Thank you in advance!

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 8:23 AM

• Mac Book Air Retina 13" macOS Catalina 10.15.1
  • iPhone SE with iOS 13.3:- Does not use iCloud Library
  • iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.4:- use iCloud Music Library

This is two a Step Process (To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library)

1. Apple Music: Import music (MP3) to Apple Music Library on Mac
  2. Finder: Sync between Apple Music on Mac and iPhone

Watch the GIF for the complete process

To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library.

Watch the same GIF as a QT movie file uploaded by me on YouTube:- Transfer MP3 Music from Mac (Catalina) to iPhone (iOS13.3)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 8:23 AM in response to ScarletKnightDave

• Mac Book Air Retina 13" macOS Catalina 10.15.1
  • iPhone SE with iOS 13.3:- Does not use iCloud Library
  • iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.4:- use iCloud Music Library

This is two a Step Process (To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library)

1. Apple Music: Import music (MP3) to Apple Music Library on Mac
  2. Finder: Sync between Apple Music on Mac and iPhone

Watch the GIF for the complete process

To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library.

Watch the same GIF as a QT movie file uploaded by me on YouTube:- Transfer MP3 Music from Mac (Catalina) to iPhone (iOS13.3)

Jan 29, 2022 8:30 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your response. But I am trying to figure out where "Move to iOS" app put the files on my iPhone, not in the cloud or on a computer. Since "Move to iOS" said it was moving 5gig of music, and the phone appears to have that space used, it must have moved the files. Either I need to know how to get to them, maybe through an App. Or I need to delete the files that got transfered and redownload them using iTunes. I thought the "Move to iOS" app would help me avoid downloading via iTunes.

Where is my music from Android?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.