Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yelp ratings in Apple Maps

Is there a way to "shut off" the yelp reviews on Apple Maps?

I do not like yelp reviews and I don't care to see ANY of them while using Apple Maps!

Do you suppose that the yelp company pays Apple company to be a part of their map app??

yelp reviews are complete 💩

I have tried shutting things off in the map settings but that isn't working (screenshot). I think these settings might only have to do with contributing reviews and photos.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 5:11 PM

Thank you for your time AnnieL2!

I'm going to uncheck those two selections in my settings and start using them! I wasn't aware that I could leave reviews that stayed in Apple Maps. I thought that the reviews were exported to a person's yelp account. I don't have an account with them nor would I ever consider signing up for or installing their app.

Hopefully many people reading this thread will do the same so that we can build an arsenal of reviews within Apple Maps, enough that Apple will remove the useless, 3rd party, yelp reviews!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 5:11 PM in response to AnnieL2

Thank you for your time AnnieL2!

I'm going to uncheck those two selections in my settings and start using them! I wasn't aware that I could leave reviews that stayed in Apple Maps. I thought that the reviews were exported to a person's yelp account. I don't have an account with them nor would I ever consider signing up for or installing their app.

Hopefully many people reading this thread will do the same so that we can build an arsenal of reviews within Apple Maps, enough that Apple will remove the useless, 3rd party, yelp reviews!

Jan 30, 2022 2:32 PM in response to Pilerman

Salutations Pilerman, 

We understand that you’d prefer not to see Yelp ratings in the Maps app. 

At this time, there is not a way to disable those ratings. The settings you pointed out in Settings > Maps pertain to contributing photos and ratings to the Maps app. Rate places in Maps on iPhone

You can however provide feedback for Apple about the ratings and how you’d like to see the capabilities changed. Here’s the official website for product feedback - Product Feedback

Thank you. 

yelp ratings in Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.