Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the Apple Watch a series 3 water resistant such that I can use it while swimming laps,in a pool?

Is the Apple Watch Series 3 water resistant such that I can use it while swimming laps in a pool?

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 2:06 PM

The Apple Watch Series 3 was the first Apple Watch to receive a higher-water resistant rating. The following is according to Apple:

“Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Series 3 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Series 7 is also rated IP6x dust resistant.”

Note: this is assuming your Apple Watch Series 3 is damage-free; meaning no cracks in the display and the casing/display are flush (smooth) with each other (not display-raising).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 2:06 PM in response to Russward

The Apple Watch Series 3 was the first Apple Watch to receive a higher-water resistant rating. The following is according to Apple:

“Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Series 3 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Series 7 is also rated IP6x dust resistant.”

Note: this is assuming your Apple Watch Series 3 is damage-free; meaning no cracks in the display and the casing/display are flush (smooth) with each other (not display-raising).

Jan 29, 2022 2:03 PM in response to KiltedTim

When I was using it in the pool, the screen went completely white. After a couple days that white screen has faded to black. The phone is essentially dead, though it’s been on a good charger. No display whatsoever. It won’t unpair because it has no display and it won’t restart when I try that. The Watch is at least six years old. Any thoughts on what I can do?

Is the Apple Watch a series 3 water resistant such that I can use it while swimming laps,in a pool?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.