Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset password

I can’t reset my iCloud email password because it’s not the same as my Apple ID, my Apple ID email is a Gmail account. How do I reset my iCloud email password

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 8:42 PM

If iCloud mail password is not an Apple ID signed in iPhone , but it was previously signed as an Apple ID , now its an simple mail address say example1@gmail.com , and if you forgot its password reset on web account https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=0

5 replies

Jan 29, 2022 9:25 PM in response to Jenrod30

You can sign out apple id from iPhone and then sign in with Apple ID ending with iCloud domain .

Note : in your original question you mentioned - I can’t reset my iCloud email password because it’s not the same as my Apple ID

Your iCloud mail address might be example2@icloud.com but its signed in iPhone , another mail address say example1@gmail.com is not signed in iPhone , and you had forgot the password of it , so its password has to be reset on web account , eventually you statement - " it’s not the same as my Apple ID " verifies the two are different .

Reset password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.