Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud Email Password

I corgot my ICloud Email Password. Everytime I ask the question of how to reset the password, Apple directs me to reset my Apple ID password. I know my Apple ID Password. I need to know how to reset my password for my ICould email.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 11:02 AM

iCloud (and iCloud email) uses your Apple ID and password. If you only have one Apple ID, it would be the same ID and password as you used to log into this forum. If you have another and have forgotten the ID or password, see the following:

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 11:02 AM in response to LostIcloudPassword

iCloud (and iCloud email) uses your Apple ID and password. If you only have one Apple ID, it would be the same ID and password as you used to log into this forum. If you have another and have forgotten the ID or password, see the following:

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Aug 1, 2022 8:19 AM in response to LostIcloudPassword

If your Apple ID is say example2@icloud.com but not signed in computer will be treated as an Apple ID , you might have signed a different Apple ID say used with gmail services .

Note : in the initial stage when Mac / computer is set up its a thumb rule you can't create directly an Apple ID with iCloud domain , you have to take help from third party mail services like gmail , yahoo ...to create an Apple ID .

It depends upon the user to sign out primary Apple ID say example1@gmail.com and click on create a new Apple ID the Apple ID say example2@icloud.com , so in the upcoming steps the account credentials like three answers for respective questions , date of birth is required ( for secondary authentication account ) , the steps will vary for 2FA account , so both id's are interconnected , however this mail address will be always treated as an Apple ID .

It depends upon you to reset the password if forgotten from this link ( using a web browser ) https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

You know the Apple ID password for example2@icloud.com so it can be once again changed and not reset .

Jul 30, 2022 11:47 AM in response to LostIcloudPassword

iCloud mail is an Apple ID signed in the computer , in case if Apple ID is created with some other web mail services like gmail , the password can be reset on the web account https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=0

Note : it's not necessary to reset apple id password , the mail address was utilised to create an Apple ID and it was signed in computer .

ICloud Email Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.