Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which iPad should I buy?

Hello, I am currently a student applying to nursing school and I want to buy an iPad for note-taking, downloading lecture slides, filling out worksheets and diagrams, and other school-related tasks. I am not sure which one I should get.

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 6:41 PM

You will want to check with the nursing school for any computing recommendations that they might have. They might point you at a specific configuration or computer, for instance.

A current iPad (9th gen) should suffice for your stated needs, and you will want to acquire sufficient internal storage for the lifetime of the iPad as that internal storage cannot be increased. With the iPad 9th gen, that’s the 256 GB model.

Other costs will usually include renting storage from Apple for backups in iCloud, purchase of a USB-C charger if you don’t already have one, probably a protective case or keyboard, and possibly a pencil.

Apple has available a comparison tool: iPad - Compare Models - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 6:41 PM in response to MiaSchmanski

You will want to check with the nursing school for any computing recommendations that they might have. They might point you at a specific configuration or computer, for instance.

A current iPad (9th gen) should suffice for your stated needs, and you will want to acquire sufficient internal storage for the lifetime of the iPad as that internal storage cannot be increased. With the iPad 9th gen, that’s the 256 GB model.

Other costs will usually include renting storage from Apple for backups in iCloud, purchase of a USB-C charger if you don’t already have one, probably a protective case or keyboard, and possibly a pencil.

Apple has available a comparison tool: iPad - Compare Models - Apple

Which iPad should I buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.