Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

I’m helping my sister while visiting from a different state.  She was given an iPad as a gift several months ago and was using the iOS app (Move to iOS) to transfer her Android phone data to her new iPad.  She didn’t realize that she needed to set up the iPad first. When her Apple ID didn’t work, the app prompted her to create a new account.  She didn’t know that  email address was not one that was free for her to use from Google so now that email address is associated with the iPad and it is in Activation lock.

This is not a situation of buying a used iPad, so there is no previous owner to contact.  It is a situation of an incorrect email/Apple ID being entered during set up that we have no access to.  When we access her Apple ID, it doesn’t show any devices.

I am a Mac user and attempted a factory reset by connecting the iPad to my MacBook Pro, however, we can’t get past the Activation lock.  She tried to take it to the Apple store for their help but they couldn’t do anything at the time (and she did not have the tech language to explain the problem).

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 8:05 PM

Submit an unlock request as described in the Related Article above.

(213209)

1 reply

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.