Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Staingate after 2 months. Apple, really?!

Hello everyone. I bought this Macbook Pro M1 2020, just 2 months ago. I wiped it only a few times with microfiber with clean water. But the problem is that is not just a damaged oleophobic coating, these are real hard scratches and abrasions from the keyboard and the metal part near trackpad. it's ridiculous.

Isn't that covered by the warranty?! This is my first MacBook, I have long dreamed of it and the quality of Apple, but I did not expect this!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 10:37 PM

FYIThese are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support: ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

You are probably better off getting your M1 MacBook Pro’s screen examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for diagnosis and a resolution which may or may not be covered under the warranty.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 10:37 PM in response to Vyacheslav1

FYIThese are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support: ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

You are probably better off getting your M1 MacBook Pro’s screen examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for diagnosis and a resolution which may or may not be covered under the warranty.

Axel F.

Staingate after 2 months. Apple, really?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.