Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to handoff from iPhone X to MacBook Air

My iPhone X (IOS13.5.1) cannot use handoff features with MacBook Air M1. For example, I used to be able to continue typing (it can’t work anymore since morning) in notes if I started my essay on MacBook and handoff to IPhone. However, I can no longer do it anymore + it cannot go the other way round (iPhone ->MacBook). Apps include :notes, message , safari and etc.

Similar problem occur on Universal Clipboard, where I can copy from MacBook and paste it in my iPhone, but not the other way round.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:00 AM

I have an iPhone XS Max (iOS 15.3) and a Mac mini (2018, running Monterey 12.2). While I don't use the handoff functions in the same way, I do use features that depend on handoff such as SideCar. I also have occasionally used the feature where Safari on the iPhone shows up in the dock on the Mac.

Handoff features have several prerequisites (check online documentation or check with Apple Support). Off the top of my head, I believe these include:

• Same Apple ID on both devices
  • Bluetooth enable on both devices (with the devices in close proximity)
  • Apps enabled in iCloud (see below)

- Pie Lover

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 7:00 AM in response to haaha0124

I have an iPhone XS Max (iOS 15.3) and a Mac mini (2018, running Monterey 12.2). While I don't use the handoff functions in the same way, I do use features that depend on handoff such as SideCar. I also have occasionally used the feature where Safari on the iPhone shows up in the dock on the Mac.

Handoff features have several prerequisites (check online documentation or check with Apple Support). Off the top of my head, I believe these include:

• Same Apple ID on both devices
  • Bluetooth enable on both devices (with the devices in close proximity)
  • Apps enabled in iCloud (see below)

- Pie Lover

Unable to handoff from iPhone X to MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.