Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth call / media sound turn on / off

Dear Community!

I have a problem with the bluetooth connection in my car. Usually I hear the radio and make some calls through the bluetooth connection and sometimes I use my phone for navigation. The problem is that I don’t hear the navigation sounds. I think the phone plays through it as a bluetooth media sound but because of i’m hearing the radio, my car doesn’t “play” it.

I would like to turn off on my phone the bluetooth media playing with my car and use it only for calls. How can i do it?

And the other problem in the same topic with my bluetooth speaker.

I don’t want it to use for calling, only for media playing. How can i turn the calling off?

I’m a new ios use, in android i had the option for all paired bluetooth devices to turn on/off the media or call sounds.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 30, 2022 7:38 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for the reply

Of course it works that way, but I don't want to use it that way. I rarely have to use navigation and for this couple of times I want the phone speaker to speak in navi app. Calls can go via bluetooth but i don't need anything else in the car. It’s frustrating if you can set this on android but no option on ios.

Jan 30, 2022 7:47 AM in response to LD150

Thank you for the reply

These are clears and if I set the to car multimedia to bluetooth media option everything is okay. Every sound from my phone comes through the bluetooth (media, calls, navi, etc)

the problem is that i want to use the bluetooth only for calling. I’m listening the car radio, the bluetooth calling is working, but the other media sounds i want to listen on my phone (notification, navi, etc)

Bluetooth call / media sound turn on / off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.