Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail constantly filters legitimate mail to Junk mailbox

I'm using my appleID as my main e-mail service (with the @icloud.com domain) for many years now.

In the last year or so many legitimate e-mails and senders are forwarded to the Junk mailbox. This includes emails from my boss, family and other senders that are obviously reliable.

I'm on MacBook Pro 2020 macOS Monterey and iPhone 12 mini iOS 15.3 (had this issue also with previous versions).

I've tried:

1) Teaching the filter by marking messages as "not Junk" or moving messages to inbox.

2) Except messages from contacts from moving to Junk (in mail preferences).

3) Marking senders as VIP contacts - (still filters messages from VIP contacts to Junk mail!).

4) Resetting Junk filter.

5) Disabling Junk mail filterting from mail preferences -(it keeps filtering messages to Junk!!).

6) All of the above I also tried from my iPhone and iCloud online interface.

As for now. Nothing helped. Still having to check my junk mailbox every few hours since many many important emails go there.

Any ideas before switching back to gmail?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Use advanced rules to move junk mails in inbox see the article Change Junk Mail Advanced settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

See the junk mail preferences , check mark perform custom actions ( click advanced to configure ) and the last option filter junk mail before applying my rules , then click on advanced and click on drop down arrows of each setting and see carefully the second screen shot and follow the settings and click on ok to save the rules , so whenever any mail comes from unknown / known recipient , it might be necessarily in your contacts and priority is high it arrives at iCloud server on your mail address will directly move into inbox rather than in junk mail box .

The settings will be applicable for all .

Note : as you mentioned -

In the last year or so many legitimate e-mails and senders are forwarded to the Junk mailbox. This includes emails from my boss, family and other senders that are obviously reliable.

Other senders could be many as they also might not be in your contacts .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 8:26 AM in response to astromamo

Use advanced rules to move junk mails in inbox see the article Change Junk Mail Advanced settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

See the junk mail preferences , check mark perform custom actions ( click advanced to configure ) and the last option filter junk mail before applying my rules , then click on advanced and click on drop down arrows of each setting and see carefully the second screen shot and follow the settings and click on ok to save the rules , so whenever any mail comes from unknown / known recipient , it might be necessarily in your contacts and priority is high it arrives at iCloud server on your mail address will directly move into inbox rather than in junk mail box .

The settings will be applicable for all .

Note : as you mentioned -

Other senders could be many as they also might not be in your contacts .

iCloud mail constantly filters legitimate mail to Junk mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.