Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings Manage Storage dialog not useable, shows with data only partially visible

Monterey 12.2... System Preferences->AppleID->Icloud Storage: Click the 'Manage' button and get a dialog with the data cut off and mostly white space shown. See pic:

Note, similar issue if you don't yet have an iCloud email and you check the 'iCloud Email' check box. See the second pic...

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:39 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

5 replies

Jan 30, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Patrick__O

Have you logged out and then back in with your Apple ID?

If yes with same problem then

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Jan 30, 2022 8:09 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the suggestion.

When in safe mode it worked correctly.

Rebooting and trying again I see the dialog comes up and presents correctly initially but then on top of it is a warning dialog saying there is something wrong with my Apple ID and to go to system preferences. Subsequent attempts show the same issue as the original problem and the Apple ID error is not showing anymore - only that first time. I don't see anything in settings that would indicate anything wrong with my Apple ID. This same iCloud Manage Storage button when used on my iPhone works correctly.

Settings Manage Storage dialog not useable, shows with data only partially visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.